We Know: 10 Best Things to See in Venice
- Enjoy 16th-century inspired Venetian meal with Italian wine: At Le Bistrot de Venise, enjoy homemade lasagna
with lobster and crustacean's sauce or one of their many other specialty meals. Located between St Mark’s Square and
the Rialto Bridge. Calle dei Fabbri, San Marco 4685, (041)523-6651, email@example.com, www.bistrotdevenise.com.
- Take a wine tour: Tour two Collio wine region vineyards and enjoy local cheeses and meats during the wine
tastings. Total time is nine hours and prices start at 160 Euros. Avventure Bellissime tour company is located at 2442/A
San Marco, 30124 Venice, (041)520-8616, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://tours-italy.com/index.php.
- Visit Basilica di San Marco (Saint Mark's Basilica): The church where St. Mark is buried is also known for its
spectacular Byzantine architecture. Located on St Mark's Square beside Doge's Palace.
- See the Peggy Guggenheim art collection: An impressive collection of early 20th century American and European
art. Located at Palazzo Venier dei Leoni on the Grand Canal in Peggy Guggenheim's former home. Tickets are 10 Euros for
adults. Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, 701 Dorsoduro, 30123 Venice.
- Ride a gondola: A private gondola ride along the waterways of Venice usually lasts up to 50 minutes and costs
a minimum of 80 Euros. Many gondola vendors stroll beside the canals and offer their services. The traghetto is a public
gondola that only costs about fifty cents American. It crosses from one side of the Grand Canal to the other.
- Take a Venetian ghosts walking tour: Take an evening stroll through the hidden Venice and learn about Marco
Polo's wife, sea monsters, and other ghost stories. The walking tour lasts 90 minutes and costs 20 Euros per person.
Avventure Bellissime tour company is located at 2442/A San Marco, 30124 Venice, (041)520-8616, email@example.com,
- Stroll through the Piazza San Marco (Saint Mark's Square): The Piazza San Marco offers many sites for visitors,
including museums, the Doge’s Palace, St. Mark’s Cathedral, and the Campanile.
- Watch the glassblowers on Murano Island: See the glassblowers and other glass artisans of Murano, and learn about
the art of glassmaking at the Museo del Vetro. Located just north of Venice.
- See the artistic masterpieces within the Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace): The Doge's Palace is renowned for its
magnificent paintings and other works by Italian masters.
- Take a photography class: Private two day classes are offered in which you'll learn how to take black and white
photos. It includes a three-hour tour of Venice during which you'll take photos of your choice. Later, the group assembles
for a slideshow of participants' photographs while enjoying snacks and wine. 183 Euros. Avventure Bellissime tour company
is located at 2442/A San Marco, 30124 Venice, (041)520-8616, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://tours-italy.com/index.php.