We Know: 6 Best Ski Resorts in California
- Sugar Bowl: Four peaks, ten lifts, cross-country trails, family park, and two terrain parks. Ski lessons and
equipment rentals. Has a lodge, restaurants, and shops. Free shuttle service from Truckee to the Summit. Adult all day lift
pass is $46. Located on Donner Pass on Highway 40 off Highway 80 in northern California. 530-426-9000.
- Mt Shasta: Ski and snowboard lessons and equipment rental, terrain park with halfpipe equipment. Two lodges.
Adult all day lift pass is $37. From Interstate 5, take Exit 736 to Highway 89. Travel six miles east to summit then left
onto Ski Park Highway. Seven miles to Mt. Shasta resort. 1-800-SKI-SHASTA.
- Bear Valley: Backcountry tours, team racing, telemark, individual as well as group snowboard and ski lessons and
rentals. Provides carpet lift on which you simply stand. Adult all day lift pass is $46. Located at Highway 4 and Highway
207, Bear Valley. 209-753-2301.
- Mt. Baldy: Offers 26 runs on three mountains. Steepest runs in southern California. Snowboard and ski lessons and
rentals. Beginner ski area. Adult all day lift pass is $45.00. Located west of San Bernardino and east of Los Angeles at
6700 Mt Baldy Road, 45 miles from Los Angeles. 909-982-0800.
- Mammoth Mountain: Scenic gondola rides, ski and snowboard rentals and lessons, dining, childcare, lodges. Adult
all day lift pass is $56. Located three hours from Reno and Lake Tahoe. Take US Highway 395 south for 165 miles to State
Route 203. 800.626.6684.
- Big Bear Mountain Resorts: Features both Snow Summit and Bear Mountain ski areas. One lift ticket is good for
both resorts and free shuttle service is provided between the two. Freestyle park, scenic sky chair lifts. Adult all day
lift pass is $49. Located at 880 Summit Blvd at Big Bear Lake. 909-866-5766.