We Know: 10 Best Things to See in Miami
What to See in Miami
Miami offers many attractions for the visitor, including:
- South Beach: One of the most infamous beaches in the world. Here is where you can people watch, enjoy the surf,
sand, or one of the many bars and restaurants located within walking distance. Located at Eighth Street and Ocean Drive in
- Go clubbing: Miami is famous for its exciting nightlife where Hollywood stars and many others gather for an
evening's entertainment. Visit the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau at http://www.gmcvb.com for a list of bars
and restaurants with location information and phone numbers.
- Go shopping or strolling in Coconut Grove: Visit "The Grove" and enjoy the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, boutiques,
waterfront parks, the CocoWalk Mall, and much more. Located in Miami. 305-444-0777.
- Ride the Bayside Blaster: A 75 minute ride aboard a speedboat through Biscayne Bay to "Millionaire’s Row" where
the rich and famous live. Cost is $14. Located in Miami. 888-609-5665.
- Go deep sea fishing: Fish for marlin, shark, tuna, or other salt water monsters. For detailed information on
individual charter companies, including location, rates, visit http://www.worldwidefishing.com/florida/salt.htm.
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium: Swim with the dolphins ($150 in addition to general admission) or see dolphins, sea
lions and all the other aquatic life. General admission price is around $32 and $25 for children three to nine. Located at
4400 Rickenbacker Causeway in Key Biscayne.
- Enjoy Miami's local cuisine: Restaurants such as Porcao, located at 801 Brickell Bay Drive inside the Four
Ambassadors Hotel, feature Latin and Brazilian cuisine and are highly rated by visitors. (Meals run $30)
- Visit the Wings Over Miami Museum: A military and classic aircraft museum located at 14710 S.W. 128 Street in
Miami. See an F-86F Saberjet, a Russian Yak-52, and many more famous aircraft. Admission is about $10 for adults, $6 for
- Visit the Miami Museum of Science and Planetarium: With full-size recreations of sections of the Titanic, the
interactive exhibit is one of many that you may enjoy. The museum includes The Falcon Batchelor Bird of Prey Center and
a planetarium. The observatory offers nighttime viewing in which you can view the galaxy through the Meade telescopes
that they make available. Admission is about $20 for adults, $13 for children. Located at 3280 South Miami Avenue in
- Explore Parrot Jungle Island: Enjoy the many animal shows and see parrots, Orangutans, 20' long saltwater
crocodiles, and many more wild animals. Admission is about $25 for adults, $20 for children. Parking is $6. Located at 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, off 395, between
downtown Miami and South Beach.