We know: All About Jamaica Vacations
What can I expect from a Jamaican Vacation?
Jamaica provides beautiful tropical environments with secluded resorts that offer breathtaking sunsets, wonderful beaches, and the natural beauty of waterfalls. You can also experience the culture of Jamaica with tours of the cities and other areas of the
What kinds of amenities are offered in the Jamaican resorts?
Most Jamaican resorts are all inclusive, meaning a great many activates are included in the price.
The following things will often be included in the resort price:
- Meals and snacks
- Unlimited drinks
- Water sports scuba diving, & waterskiing
- Land sports like Golf
- Reggae Music and Entertainment
- Tips, gratuities and hotel taxes may be included in the price.
- Wedding packages
- Hurricane guarantee
What can I expect outside of the resorts?
There are both positive and negative aspects of leaving the seclusion and peace of the resorts.
- Children may approach you and ask for money
- Vendors will aggressively try to sell you items you are not interested in
These negatives are outweighed by the following positives:
- Rich culture of the Island
- Beautiful sights
- Opportunity to experience the history of the region first hand
- Excellent shopping opportunities where you can purchase local made crafts and beautiful jewelry
- Wonderful meals
Are there special tips for vacationing in Jamaica?
- Do not take any risks you would not take at home.
- You should have good proof of identification. After Jan 1, 2008, you will need a passport.
- Use travelerís checks to protect your money from loss.
- Plan to spend $100.00 a day in addition to your vacation package
- See your doctor 4-6 weeks before your trip for any necessary vaccinations
- Protect yourself from mosquitoes