We Know: Six Best Golf Courses in South Carolina
South Carolina ranks close to the top in sheer numbers of golf courses in the state. The awe-inspiring
beauty, historic setting, and charm of South Carolina makes its family friendly resorts some of the best in the
nation. Six golf courses every golfer should play include:
1. Arrowhead Country Club - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
One of South Carolina's most affordable golf courses is also one of the best.
Arrowhead's 27 holes runs across intracoastal waterways. This course features three unique 9-hole
- Public course.
- Location: 1201 Burcale Road, Myrtle Beach, SC; 843.236.3243
- Features and amenities: pro shop, driving range with grass tees and target greens, putting
and chipping greens, and spikeless shoes.
- Fees vary and depend on the time of year. All fees include golf cart and range balls for warm-up.
- Regular rates: $59 (May - Sep); $115 (Mar - Apr).
- Twilight rates: $49 (May - Sep); $95 (Mar - Apr).
2. Kiawah Island Golf Resorts - Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
This world class golfing facility has previously hosted the PGA Pro Club Championships and the World
Golf Championships. Golfers play along 10 miles of pristine beaches on five courses (Ocean Course,
Osprey Point, Oak Point, Cougar Point, Turtle Point). Ocean Course is Golf Digest's eighth ranked
public golf course in the country.
- Public course/resort.
- Location: 12 Kiawah Beach Drive, Kiawah Island, SC; 800.576.1570
- Features and amenities: pro shop, driving range, putting green, sand and chipping area,
golf lessons, clubhouse with lockers, restaurants, and full-service bars.
- Resort features: tennis, nature activities, cycling, swimming, fitness, spas, and shopping.
Dining facilities on premises.
- Classic golf packages from $238 off peak/$353 peak for Sanctuary and
$169 off peak/$254 peak for Villa.
- Championship golf packages from $390 off peak/$549 peak for Sanctuary and
$323 off peak/$443 peak for Villa.
3. Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Home of the MCI Heritage Tour, this par-71 course is rated as the number one course in
South Carolina by Golf Magazine. The Scottish type course requires accuracy and skillful shot making.
- Location: Hilton Head Island, SC; 888.807.6873
- Features and amenities: driving range, putting green, practice bunkers, individual and group
lessons. Range balls available for $6.
- Resort features: family activities include eco tours, fitness centers, and water sports; shopping
- Fees for 18-holes of play (green fee and half the cost of the golf cart):
- Resort guests: $155 (Nov - Feb); $230 during peak times.
- Twilight: $135 (Nov - Feb); $175 during peak times.
4. Barefoot Resort Golf Course - North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
This resort features four world class championship golf courses: the Norman,
Love, Fazio, and Dye courses. Of the four, the Love course is the most user-friendly, yet challenging
enough to entice players of all skill sets. Barefoot is one of America's top residential golf communities.
- Public golf course.
- Location: 4898 Highway 17 South, North Myrtle Beach, SC; 843.361.3145 or 877.767.1568 for reservations.
- Features and amenities: driving rage, clubhouse with pro shop, full-service restaurant, and
- Resort features: swimming pool, fitness center, craft rooms, gaming tables, tennis courts,
- Regular rates: $90 for 18 holes and inludes golf cart and complimentary range balls,
$50 for 9 holes.
5. Yeamans Hall Country Club - Hanahan, South Carolina.
This traditional course features tree-line, narrow fairways, deep bunkers, and
medium-sized greens. Built in 1925, this course remains one of the top ranked private courses in
- Private course.
- Location: 900 Yeamans Hall Road, Hanahan, SC; 843.747.8855
- Features and amenities: driving range, putting green, sand and chipping areas, golf
instruction, snack bar, and beer/wine.
- Fees vary according to the time of year.
- Weekdays, during peak periods: $87.50 for 18 holes/$43.75 for 9 holes.
- Weekends, during peak periods: $115 for 18 holes/$57.50 for 9 holes.
6. Caledonia Golf and Fish Club - Pawley's Island, South Carolina.
Located on a former 18th century indigo and rice plantation, the Caledonia Golf and
Fish Club features an elevated and winding fairway that retains the character and natural charm of its
- Public golf course.
- Location: 369 Caledonia Drive, Pawley's Island, SC; 843.235.0900 or 888.483.6800 for reservations.
- Features and amenities: driving range, putting green, sand and chipping areas, pro shop, lessons,
spikeless shoes, restaurant, and full-service bar.
- Fees include golf cart:
- $145 weekdays and weekends/$72.50 for twilight.