Thinking youíre ready to buy one of those home gym machines, but a little overwhelmed by trying to figure out how to evaluate which one is right for you?
Before you lay out hundreds or even thousands of dollars, hereís a quick checklist of what to look for in a home gym machine.
We Know: Top 5 Things to Look for in a Home Gym
5 NO-BRAINERS FOR YOUR BODY
- 1. Before you commit to buying a particular machine, try the equipment out first at the store or a friendís house. Test drive it to make sure it FITS YOUR BODY AND EXERCISE STYLE.
- 2. Make sure the machine is EASY TO PUT TOGETHER. Ask about assembly; it could be a nightmare.
- 3. Make sure the machine is EASY TO ADJUST, so that you can make it fit your body size without a lot of hassle. Poorly aligned equipment can cause injury.
- 4. Make sure the machine OPERATES SMOOTHLY. Avoid buying machines that create friction so that if you pull one way, you donít have to push to get the machine to return the other way.
- 5. Make sure the machine is EASY TO MOVE AROUND. Especially if you have a small space, you want to be able to pack it up if you have to.
FEATURES TO LOOK FOR
A blend of these features will provide a solid, all around work out for your body:
- leg curl station
- vertical-butterfly station
- bench with adjustable incline
- a low, middle and high pulley
- pull down bar
- curl bar
- hand grips
- ankle strap