We Know: What Dreamweaver Does
What is Dreamweaver?
Dreamweaver is a software program used to create and modify Web pages. Though used by many professional webmasters,
Dreamweaver is also used by non-professionals for their personal websites. It has many advanced features and can work
with a variety of coding methods including HTML, java, XML, and others.
Dreamweaver is available for Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Adobe sells Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 for about
$400 for a full product, and $200 for an upgrade.
What can you do with Dreamweaver?
Dreamweaver is a powerful application that can do all of the following and more:
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS). This enables you to control what fonts, text styles, and other attributes are
viewed on a Web page.
- Can merge image and media manipulation software like Flash, Shockwave, and Fireworks into pages.
- Import pictures into web pages.
- View pages as code only, code and design, or design only.
- Can FTP (file transfer protocol) pages onto and from your web hosting company's server.
- Dreamweaver 8 supports PHP 5 and ColdFusion MX 7.
- Can preview pages in several web browsers.
- Automatically insert meta tags with keywords and description.
- Batch process pages, including find, find and replace, check for broken links.
- Manage multiple websites.
- Spell check by single word, section, or page.
- Create a Web photo album.
- Clean up HTML. Dreamweaver will review all your tags and automatically remove redundant tags or other problems that
- Tutorial, reference window, and help files to assist the user.
- Set and remove code breakpoints.