Looking for a comfortable shoe? Wondering if z-coil shoes are the way to go?
We know: All About Z-Coils
What's a Z-Coil shoe?
Z-coils are fitted with a spring in the sole of the shoe and are designed to ease the impact that walking or running can have on a person's body. They were designed by a runner in the mid-1980's who suffered from foot and back pain.
How does a Z-Coil shoe work?
The z-coil shoe has four components that help to reduce impact on the body while walking or running:
- It is fitted with an orthotic support system that cradles an individual's foot and provides more equalized pressure on the foot.
- It has extra built-in forefoot cushioning to help ease forefoot pain.
- The base of the shoe has a large spring that absorbs impact on the back and knees.
- The front of the shoe has a flex line that aids the foot in bending at the ball of the foot.
How do z-coils compare to conventional shoes?
Z-coils have been found to provide more cushioning and support than traditional shoes.
- The front of the shoe has a flex line that aids the foot in bending at the ball of the foot
- Four times more cushioning than traditional shoes
- Over one inch of heel cushioning
- Have been found to reduce impact on foot
- Can reduce back and knee pain caused by running/walking
- Have been used to aid arthritis sufferers
- May be covered by insurance
- Can be more expensive than traditional shoes
- May require some getting used to
- Not particularly stylish
Do Z-Coils come in more than one style?
Yes! Z-coils come in 10 different styles including: athletic shoes, clogs, sandals, work boots and hiking boots.
How much do Z-Coils cost?
They range in price from around $160 to more than $200.