Like to do some simple maintenance to help keep your car running cleaner? Interested in learning how to tune your carís engine?
Here's a great way to get started...
We know: Engine Tuning Tips
6 Fluids to Check Under Your Hood
You can help keep your car running smoother and polluting less by checking these fluids under the hood of your car:
- Anti-Freeze/Coolant Ė Most cars have a fill mark and require that you fill the reservoir with 50 % antifreeze and 50 % water. (Donít remove the pressure cap when the engine is hot.)
- Transmission Fluid -- Check this when your engine is warm and running. Use the dip stick and donít overfill.
- Oil Ė Check the tip stick and make sure itís filled to the marked line. You need to change your oil about every 3,000 miles to keep your car running clean.
- Brake Fluid Ė Wipe dirt from the brake master cylinder reservoir lid, pry off the clip and remove the lid (or unscrew the plastic lid). Add the approved fluid, but donít overfill. Check for any possible leaks.
- Steering Fluid Ė Check power steering fluid by removing the reservoir dip stick. Add fluid, if needed, and inspect the pump and hoses for leaks.
- Windshield Wiper Fluid Ė Keep it filled, and use some extra to clean your wiper blades.
Bonus Tip for A Better Running Car
Keep your tires inflated properly. This one little maintenance tip can help you save on gas, prevent wear and tear on the engine, and deliver a much better ride.