Tired of carrying your golf clubs? Heard about electric and remote controlled carts and want to know more?
We know: All About Electric/Remote Controlled Golf Carts
What is an electric golf cart?
An electric golf cart is a battery-powered golf cart with an electric motor used to carry a golf bag. The golfer controls the movements of the cart by walking behind the cart and pressing buttons on the steering handle. It allows the golfer to move the cart from hole to hole with little effort.
What is a remote controlled electric golf cart?
With a remote controlled golf cart, the golfer starts, stops, accelerates and decelerates the cart using a control pad that looks much like the remote used for a television.
Why use an electric cart for a golf bag?
These carts are helpful for golfers who prefer to walk but can not push a hand cart around the course. Also, the carts alleviate the back and muscle pain associated with carrying a golf bag.
What are some electric golf cart features?
Some models offer:
- adjustable speed control to match the rate at which the golfer walks
- a brake button for emergency stopping
- a rechargeable battery
- adjustable distance control buttons
- a seat to rest on
- reverse capability
- easy collapsibility for transfer and storage
Four tips for buying an electric or remote controlled golf cart:
- Try out a couple carts in the shop before you buy. Just like choosing a set of clubs, you should choose a cart that suits you and your needs.
- Before buying a cart, try folding it up and down to ensure it is easy to collapse and build up.
- Before you commit to a cart, make sure you are able to lift the cart (with battery) into the trunk of the car.
- Check on the life of the battery charge to discover how often you will have to recharge.
How much do electric and remote controlled carts cost?
- Electric Golf Bag Carts- from $300 to $1100. Try buying used to save money.
- Remote Controlled Carts- $800 and up.